TERMS AND CONDITIONS – SELF DRIVE
Terms and Conditions for Yorkshire Vehicle Hire
Glossary of Terms
Hirer – person(s) responsible for booking/paying for a vehicle and/or persons travelling in a vehicle. The Hirer accepts responsibility for every person in their party.
Yorkshire Vehicle Hire – the owner, or representative of the owner, of the vehicle booked.
Quotation – the form submitted to the potential Hirer outlining the itinerary and services offered, and the price of the services.
- The Contract and Terms & Conditions
- Yorkshire Vehicle Hire advises the Hirer to read Yorkshire Vehicle Hire Terms & Conditions as specified on the Quotation. The Quotation will be valid for 4 weeks from offer to the Hirer. Payment of the deposit will be taken as an assumption that the Hirer agrees to the Terms and Conditions.
- There shall be no contract between the Hirer and Yorkshire Vehicle Hire until the deposit or full payment has been received. Yorkshire Vehicle Hire will confirm the booking in writing to the Hirer.
- If the Hirer wishes to book without viewing the vehicle, Yorkshire Vehicle Hire accept no responsibility to the Hirer if the vehicle hired is not as expected by the Hirer.
- Yorkshire Vehicle Hire reserve the right to amend their Terms & Conditions without notice.
- In case of one or more of the provisions within the Terms & Conditions being illegal, or invalid in any respect, this will not invalidate the legality or enforcement of the remaining provisions.
- All drivers must be between 25 & 75 years old, holding a valid UK or EU driving license for at least two years, with no more that six penalty points.
- Yorkshire Vehicle Hire require the hirers Driving License along with 2 other forms of identification such as their Passport, Building Society or Post Office Savings Book, Medical Card, Income Tax Form, Rent Book or Insurance Policy Schedule.
- Mileage Limit: 150 per day/ 850 per week/ 3000 per month
- Vehicle Collection
- Unless local pick up has been arranged, all vehicles are to be collected from our operational base in Great Ayton, North Yorkshire. We have secure parking for your vehicle whilst you are in our Defender, though we hold no responsibility for any damages, loss etc.
- Booking and payment
- A non-refundable deposit of 25% must be paid to secure a booking, which will be deducted from the balance due. If booking less than 7 days before the Hire Date, full payment must be made to secure a booking.
- Full payment must be made by bank transfer or cash at least 7 days prior to the Hire Date. The full hire price will be payable for any late bookings which are made less than 7 days before the booking.
- Yorkshire Vehicle Hire will invoice the Hirer for the balance on receipt of the booking deposit. The balance shall be paid no later than 7 days before the Hire Date. If the balance is not received by 7 days before the Hire Date, the contract will be cancelled and the deposit forfeited.
- Any changes to the agreed contract which are made between booking and the Hire Date may be subject to extra charges. Such changes must be paid ahead of the Hire Date. Any changes made on the Hire Date must be agreed with Yorkshire Vehicle Hire in relation to the Terms and Conditions. Additional charges may be applicable should the original itinerary be changed on the Hire Day.
- The Hirer must inform Yorkshire Vehicle Hire of any cancellation in writing as soon as possible. The full hire cost will be charged if the cancellation is made less than 7 days before the Hire Date.
- Non refundable prepaid deposit of 25% of quote will be required to confirm bookings.
- All cancellations must be made in writing.
- No refunds will be given for early terminations of hire, late collections, no shows or cancellations made after rental start date.
- Vehicle Availability
- Responsibility cannot be accepted for adverse weather conditions, or acts by other persons or organisations which may impact adversely on the Hire Date.
- Long-term hire of our Defender can be arranged upon request at a discounted rate, please contact us directly for more information.
- Liability is not accepted for unavailability of the Land Rover (or other vehicle) due to breakdown, traffic congestion, accident, adverse weather conditions, or acts by other persons or organisations which may impact adversely on the Hire Date. A full refund will be given but we will not be liable for any further losses, missed connections and/or functions however caused.
- A £250 security deposit is required on the day of hire, and will be held for the duration of hire. The deposit will be returned in full on return of the vehicle, providing it is on time, undamaged, with a clean interior, and all equipment intact & in place.
- If there is any physical damage to the vehicle, including any loss of equipment, tyre damage, scratches/dents/body damage, we reserve the right to use your security deposit, towards covering these repairs.
- Yorkshire Vehicle Hire insurance is standard road risk cover but this does not cover off road use, any damage caused to the vehicle whilst off road is 100% your responsibility.
- Interior Excess; This covers everything inside the vehicle. Statutory excess is £250.
- Exterior Excess; This covers everything outside the vehicle, large scratches, dents, cracked/damaged lights, alloys, bumpers etc. This excess covers at fault, and non fault damage, whilst the vehicle is under the drivers care. Statutory excess is £1000.
- Smoking, use of controlled substances, eating or consumption of alcohol, will not be permitted.
- Yorkshire Vehicle Hire accept no responsibility or liability for loss or damage, including stains, cigarette burns or fabric damage, to the Hirer’s property, luggage or personal effects, however caused.
- Fuel Policy
- Fuel Policy; All vehicles are supplied with a full tank of fuel at the start of hire. We ask you return the vehicle with a full tank of fuel. If the vehicle is not, there will be a charge of £1.70 per litre.
- Due to the legal requirement for safe transportation of children under the age of 12, it is the responsibility of the Hirer to notify Yorkshire Vehicle Hire if children under the age of 12 are to be passengers within the vehicle. In most cases we would ask for the parents of the child to supply a child seat which would be fitted to our vehicle. The majority of our vehicles does not come with factory ISOFix fittings and the seat would therefore be attached using seat belt harnessing. Unless Yorkshire Vehicle Hire receive such notification via the standard booking form entry covering this point, it will be assumed that all passengers are aged 12 and above.
- If you do not want Yorkshire Vehicle Hire to take any photographs, please inform us prior to the day. We would be very grateful if you would send us a few photographs after your trip and with your permission we might use these for social media or our websites.