TERMS AND CONDITIONS – WEDDING HIRE
Terms and Conditions for Yorkshire Vehicle Hire
Glossary of Terms
Hirer – person(s) responsible for booking/paying for a vehicle and/or persons travelling in a vehicle on the day of the said event. The Hirer accepts responsibility for every person in their party.
Yorkshire Vehicle Hire – the owner, or representative of the owner, of the vehicle booked.
Quotation – the form submitted to the potential Hirer outlining the itinerary and services offered, and the price of the services.
- The Contract and Terms & Conditions
- Yorkshire Vehicle Hire advises the Hirer to read Yorkshire Vehicle Hire Terms & Conditions as specified on the Quotation. The Quotation will be valid for 4 weeks from offer to the Hirer. Payment of the deposit will be taken as an assumption that the Hirer agrees to the Terms and Conditions.
- There shall be no contract between the Hirer and Yorkshire Vehicle Hire until the deposit or full payment has been received. Yorkshire Vehicle Hire will confirm the booking in writing to the Hirer.
- If the Hirer wishes to book without viewing the vehicle, Yorkshire Vehicle Hire accept no responsibility to the Hirer if the vehicle hired is not as expected by the Hirer.
- Yorkshire Vehicle Hire reserve the right to amend their Terms & Conditions without notice.
- In case of one or more of the provisions within the Terms & Conditions being illegal, or invalid in any respect, this will not invalidate the legality or enforcement of the remaining provisions.
- Booking and payment
- A non-refundable deposit of 50% must be paid to secure a booking, which will be deducted from the balance due. If booking less than 30 days before the Hire Date, full payment must be made to secure a booking.
- Full payment must be made by bank transfer or cash at least 30 days prior to the Hire Date. The full hire price will be payable for any late bookings which are made less than 30 days before the booking.
- Yorkshire Vehicle Hire will invoice the Hirer for the balance on receipt of the booking deposit. The balance shall be paid no later than 30 days before the Hire Date. If the balance is not received by 30 days before the Hire Date, the contract will be cancelled and the deposit forfeited.
- Any changes to the agreed contract which are made between booking and the Hire Date may be subject to extra charges. Such changes must be paid ahead of the Hire Date. Any changes made on the Hire Date must be agreed with Yorkshire Vehicle Hire in relation to the Terms and Conditions. Additional charges may be applicable should the original itinerary be changed on the Hire Day.
- The Hirer must inform Yorkshire Vehicle Hire of any cancellation in writing as soon as possible. The full hire cost will be charged if the cancellation is made less than 30 days before the Hire Date.
- If a cancellation is made, the 50% deposit is non-refundable.
- Vehicle Availability
- Responsibility cannot be accepted for adverse weather conditions, or acts by other persons or organisations which may impact adversely on the Hire Date.
- Liability is not accepted for unavailability of the Land Rover (or other vehicle) due to breakdown, traffic congestion, accident, adverse weather conditions, or acts by other persons or organisations which may impact adversely on the Hire Date. A full refund will be given but we will not be liable for any further losses, missed connections and/or functions however caused.
- In the event of any internal or external damage being caused to a vehicle by the Hirer or any of the Hirer’s guests or party, the Hirer will be liable for the full cost of repair. Yorkshire Vehicle Hire reserve the right to terminate a contract without being liable to the Hirer if it is in their chauffeur’s judgment that the Hirer or any passenger is disorderly or unfit to travel.
- Smoking, use of controlled substances, eating or consumption of alcohol (apart from drinks supplied by Yorkshire Vehicle Hire), will not be permitted.
- Yorkshire Vehicle Hire accept no responsibility or liability for loss or damage, including stains, cigarette burns or fabric damage, to the Hirer’s property, luggage or personal effects, however caused.
- Due to the legal requirement for safe transportation of children under the age of 12, it is the responsibility of the Hirer to notify Yorkshire Vehicle Hire if children under the age of 12 are to be passengers within the vehicle. In most cases we would ask for the parents of the child to supply a child seat which would be fitted to our vehicle. The majority of our vehicles does not come with factory ISOFix fittings and the seat would therefore be attached using seat belt harnessing. Unless Yorkshire Vehicle Hire receive such notification via the standard booking form entry covering this point, it will be assumed that all passengers are aged 12 and above.
- If you do not want Yorkshire Vehicle Hire to take any photographs at your wedding, please inform us prior to the day. We would be very grateful if you would send us a few photographs after your wedding and with your permission we might use these for social media or our websites.